Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Conditional Love and Unconditional Love

There are two types of parent’s love towards their children. Every parent must love their children, but their style of loving their children is different. Whether they using the conditional love or unconditional love. The way of they showed their love is what can differentiate on how the parents educate their children.
For me, I think my parents are using the conditional love. They love me in their own way. They sometimes let me do my decision, but most of the time they choose my path. I am not so sure whether that kind of situation puts them in conditional love group. I say that because, I think, my parents do not want me to be in the wrong path, and only their way is the best. Sometimes I feel like, I need to explore more about myself, but, because of them, I just have to skip my dream which is to travel around the world by myself. That have been my dreams, since I was in secondary school, but I know I won’t able to have the chance.
Next, my parents also did some punishment for me if I do any mistake. Like for instance, when I was in my high school years, I got busted of skipping the class and run away from school. I went to the cyber-cafe with my friends, and I get caught because of that. My parents put me into quarantine period and even told me to quit school. I was so afraid and I persuade my parents to give me a chances. At last they give me one last chances, and I never want to do the same mistake again, well, at least not get busted again.
In my point of view, this kind of way is the right way to do in educate the children nowadays. If using the unconditional love, it won’t make the children learns their mistakes. If says, I had my own children, I would do the conditional love style. I will try to find the things that my children wants, but with condition like for example have good result, best behavior then I will granted their wish, and if they do any mistake, I will do the suitable punishment. There will be a bit of slap on the face but I will make it as what they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment